“Serenity Hospice Care is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.”
Serenity Hospice Care offers a comprehensive hospice care program provided by an interdisciplinary team of nurses, home health aides, social workers, spiritual support staff and bereavement specialists. Based on the needs and wishes of the patient and their loved ones, our team works together to provide a specific, individualized plan of care. We may also be able to provide additional therapies and services upon request.
The hospice team includes:
- Attending Physician: This is usually the patient’s own primary doctor who will work directly with the hospice team to coordinate care.
- Hospice Medical Director: Acts as a resource for the team and can assume the role of the attending physician if so requested.
- Registered Nurse: The hospice nurse acts as a case manager and coordinates patient care with all the team members. The hospice nurse is specially trained to manage any end of life symptom management that may be needed for the patient and will provide any needed education for the patient’s primary caregivers and/or family.
- Social Worker: The social worker will assess the patient and family’s emotional, psychological, cultural, and social needs. The social worker can facilitate any outside resources needed for optimum patient care. The social worker can assist with Advanced Care Planning (Health Care Power of Attorney, Living Wills, etc) as needed by the patient or family.
- Home Health Aide: The home health aide provides direct personal care for the patient. The nurse case manager oversees and supervises the home health aide according to the patient plan of care.
- Volunteer: Volunteers are specially trained to provide support to the patient and family such as socialization, visitation, or specified request per the patient plan of care.
- Dietician: A dietician is available as requested for special dietary consulting regarding the patient’s nutrition needs.
- Therapists: Therapists are available to provide physical, occupational, speech, music and massage therapy.