What do hospice volunteers do?
Depending on your interests and the amount of time you are looking to donate, we have a variety of ways you can help!
We are always in need of Administrative Volunteers to:
- Help keep our office locations organized by filing and answering our phones.
- Do data entry, typing and other computer work.
- Complete art, graphic design or other craft projects.
- Assist with bulk mailings
If you are interested in working in the field with our patients and families:
- Join our Visiting Volunteer program and be a friendly visitor for a hospice patient in their home or assisted living facility.
- Bring a friend and visit hospice patients as a pair, in our Buddy Volunteer Program.
- Musician Volunteers share their love of music with our patients by playing musical instruments like piano, guitar or singing songs.
Are you short on time but still want to help?
- We graciously accept in-kind donations of yarn for knitting projects, arts and craft supplies and greeting cards for holidays and special occasions.
How do I get started?
If you are interested in becoming a Serenity Hospice Care Volunteer or would like more information, please email us here or call our Germantown office at 262-735-4297.